Friday, January 11, 2013

Coming Attractions #9


Happy New Year, everybody and I hope that 2013 has started off well for you, your family and all your loved ones. I haven’t updated this thing in a while but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been busy. 2013 started with me hitting the ground running and there’s a buncha stuff concerning Dillon I’ve been hard at work on so let’s get down to it, shall we?

Over the holidays while fighting a nasty nasal infection as well as dealing with the hell of the holidays I wrote a brand new 11,000 word Dillon adventure: “Dillon and The Alchemist’s Morning Coffee” for an anthology called BLACK PULP. What’s BLACK PULP you ask? I wish I could tell you. Honestly. But since there has been no official announcement made I can’t say a mollyfoggin’ word. But I can say that when you hear about this anthology and the the talent associated with it, you’ll understand why I dropped everything to write this story to be a part of it. Those of you who read and enjoyed DILLON AND THE PIRATES OF XONIRA will be happy to hear that Captain Edna Hartless of the Advanced Counter Espionage Syndicate, also known as A.C.E.S. returns to join Dillon as they spend one really hectic day trying to recover The Alchemist’s Morning Coffee. Who is The Alchemist and why is his Morning Coffee so important? Hopefully you’ll be able to find out soon. I’ll let you know where and when.

The major Dillon project of 2013; THE VRIL AGENDA which teams up Dillon with Jim Anthony, Super Detective is moving along at a steady clip. My half of the story “Vril-Ya!” is up to 49,769 words and is coming into the homestretch as Dillon and Jim Anthony have their final battle with Sun Koh and his aides in the lost city of Ultima Thule at the bottom of the world in Antarctica. “Vril-Ya!” is going to be done by the end of January and then it all goes back into the hands of my co-writer Josh Reynolds for editing. This one is getting closer all the time to the finish line, folks.

I’ve also been in the process of editing DILLON AND THE VOICE OF ODIN for the 10th anniversary edition. You will be pleased to know that I have entered into an agreement with an artist who has not only done a kickass cover but an overall uniform design that will be used for all the reissues of the four books in the Dillon series as well as the two Dillon ebooks I have planned for this year: “Dillon and The Last Rail to Khusra” and “Dead Beat In Khusra.”

And speaking of DILLON AND THE VOICE OF ODIN, the extraordinarily talented Sean E. Ali who did the cover for DILLON AND THE PIRATES OF XONIRA has done some really smokin’ hot imaginary movie posters that you might have seen on Facebook but if you haven’t grooved on them there, here they are for you to savor and enjoy. Sean has set October 2015 as the date for when the movie version of VOICE OF ODIN hits theaters. What do you think, people? You think we can do it?





No comments:

Post a Comment