Thursday, October 27, 2011

#2 In The "So Where Do Get Your Ideas From," Dept.

Even though I don't listen to music while I write first drafts, music is a huge influence on me.  I should be paying John Williams and Ennio Morricone royalties for how much I play their soundtracks when I write my second and third drafts.  And there's a song by Anita Baker that I consider to be the theme song to "Dillon And The Voice of Odin" simply because it seemed that every time I sat down to write that blasted book, the damn song was playing on the radio.   And this guy Bruno Mars should go on my payroll for his "The Lazy Song" because the more I listened to it, the more I thought of what would Dillon do on a day where he didn't feel like doing anything?

Out of all of this came the idea for "Dillon and The Lazy Day" where I could show where Dillon has his main residence in the Pennsylvania town of Grand.  In that town Dillon lives in a renovated piano factory.  And if you want to know where I got the idea for that...watch...





So now we go onto the song that inspired "Dillon and The Lazy Day" which I have 8000 words of notes for already.  The first video is the one by Bruno Mars:







While the second one, featuring Leonard Nimoy is my favorite and probably will be more closer in tone to what I have in mind for my story:


But the main thing is this; you'll get to see what Dillon does when he decides to take a day off and I guarantee this: whatever you think it'll be, it won't.  Thank you for your time.

1 comment: